Correct.

Right now, COinS handling in LibX 1.0 is primitive and always links to
the OpenURL resolver. However, LibX 2.0 will allow customized handling
so that, for instance, ISBN COinS can be treated differently than
dissertation COinS or article CoinS.  The framework for this is
already partially in place, so ambitious JavaScript programmers can
implement such custom handling for their extension; with LibX 2.0,
every LibX maintainer will be able to choose their own preferred way
of making use of COinS.

When you place COinS, don't assume it'll only be used by tools that
simply read the info from it - place it in a place in your DOM where
there's some white space, or where placing a small link or icon would
not destroy the look and feel of your interface.

 - Godmar