Thanks, Ed. Some of this is a bit over my head, but I'll pass it along
to those to whom it will make sense.

There is every intention to make the OL data available in
machine-readable formats -- there's the usual problem of not having
enough time to implement everything with a small programming staff.
There's a lot of focus on the Archive's digitized books and creating
good reading software, among other things. The current APIs are "least
effort" services for that very reason.

I asked about COinS because it's something I have vague knowledge of.
(And I assume it isn't too difficult to implement.) However, if there
are other services that would make a bigger difference, I invite you
(all) to speak up. It makes little sense to have this large quantity of
bib data if it isn't widely and easily usable.

kc

--
[log in to unmask] http://www.kcoyle.net