On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 11:05 PM, Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I asked about COinS because it's something I have vague knowledge of. (And I
> assume it isn't too difficult to implement.) However, if there are other
> services that would make a bigger difference, I invite you (all) to speak
> up. It makes little sense to have this large quantity of bib data if it
> isn't widely and easily usable.

Sorry to be overwhelming. I guess the main thing I wanted to
communicate is that you could simply add:

  <link rel="alternate" type="application/json"
href="http://openlibrary.org/api/get?key=/b/{open-library-id}" />

to the <head> element in OpenLibrary HTML pages for books, and that
would go a long way to making machine readable data for books
discoverable by web clients.

//Ed