From: Rachel Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 17:00:06 -0800
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: NMC seeks examples for 2009 Horizon Report

Hello NMC Directors,

(Please excuse the cross-post!)

We have begun drafting the 2009 Horizon Report, and we are seeking examples!
We would love to feature the creative work you are doing.

We are interested in learning about any kind of research, pilot programs,
innovative projects, or faculty work happening at your campus in any of the
six areas listed below. (See the attached 2009 Horizon Report Preview of the
topics for more details.) Our goal is to help readers understand the
potential impact of these technologies and their applications on teaching,
learning, or creative expression.

Here are the six areas the Advisory Board has identified for this year's
report:

Time-to-Adoption: One Year or Less
   Mobile
   Cloud Computing

Time-to-Adoption: Two to Three Years
   Geo-Everything
   The Personal Web

Time-to-Adoption: Four to Five Years
   Semantic-Aware Applications
   Smart Objects

The Time-to-Adoption Horizon indicates how long the Advisory Board feels it
will be until a significant number of campuses are providing or using each
of these technologies or approaches broadly. Of course, a number of
innovative NMC faculty and campuses are already working in some of these
areas, and those are the very efforts we want to highlight. Of special
interest are any activities that have a significant web presence so that a
URL might be included in the report.

If you know of examples we could include, please reply directly to me at
[log in to unmask] as soon as you can.  We hope to have your examples by
Wednesday, Dec. 17, but no matter what, we'd love to hear about what you are
doing!  All we really need is a sentence of description and a URL -- we'll
do the rest.

Thanks -- and we look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Rachel

Rachel S. Smith
Vice President, NMC Services