Godmar,

What do you need the library to do?  It seems like you'd be able to
make an AtomPub server pretty easily with web.py (you could use the
Jangle Core as a template, it's in Ruby, but the framework it uses,
Sinatra, is very similar to web.py).

It seems like there are two things you need here:

1) something that can RESTfully broker a bunch of incoming HTTP
requests and return Atom Feeds and Service documents
2) an XML library that doesn't choke on foreign characters. (I assume
you're using ElementTree now?)

Is that right?
-Ross.