Posthumus, Etienne a écrit :
> At various tech related library gatherings here in the Netherlands there
> have been discussion about setting up a regional Code4Lib (or something
> similar)
> So as a start, if there any subscribers on this list who are in the
> vicinity of Netherlands/Belgium and interested, please give me a shout.
>
> We can then argue about a date/venue/agenda for an inaugural meeting.
>
> Etienne Posthumus
> TU Delft Library   -  Digital Product Development

I would be really pleased that Code4Lib could be organised in Europe,
not only because it wouldnot be so far for me to go.... ;)
But also because I think that it could move things in France.
My concern would be to find ppl willing to join this event, and to
present something.
In fact, in France, ppl are not that used to presenting and sharing
their projects.
There is even kind of a civil servant way of mind that your work is not
yours but for the country and Culture, so you donot have to take fame
out of it.
But Germany, UK, Netherlands, from what I know, are really proposing
interesting things, and maybe organizing an event here and there on a
European or wider base could be really valuable (And yes, ELAG, is
"quite the same", except that the audience is not techies but more
decision making persons as far as I know.)
I am French, co founder of BibLibre (www.biblibre.com)
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT