Hi. I've just finished summarizing and cleaning up the transcript of
yesterday's very interesting discussion about OpenSim, open source software
being developed to enable creation of 3D virtual worlds. The discussion took
place on the Digital Library Federation's (DLF) Second Life island,
Entropia, and was led by Noah Wittman, UC Berkeley. Among the audience
members were two people from Linden Labs, the group that runs Second Life:
Pathfinder Linden and Tess Linden.

You are welcome to read and comment on the summary and transcript, posted on
the DLF wiki:

Instructions for viewing: Transcript: OpenSim Discussion ­ 21 Jan 2009

   1. Log on to the DLF wiki http://dlf-sl.pbwiki.com using the key:
Entrop1a
   2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ³Show All Pages,² the 2d
link in the ³Wiki Information² column
   3. Click on the link for ³Transcript: OpenSim Discussion ­ 21 Jan 2009²
   4. If the page is blank, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on
³Enable Scripts² in the ³Page Information² column

    Best,
        Esther

Esther Grassian
Information Literacy Librarian