Thanks for doing this, Jay.

>>> Jay Luker <[log in to unmask]> 2/4/2009 5:28 PM >>>
Just a reminder: tomorrow I'm going to forward the list of e-mail
addresses
I've collected to the editor at PyMag. So if you'd like to use the
"code4lib" coupon code to get 3 free issues of either PyMag or
php|architect
your time is running out. All you have to do is create an account
on the
magazine site of your choice and then e-mail me with "[zine]" in
the
subject.

--jay

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Jay Luker <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> On a lark I e-mailed Doug Hellmann, EiC at Python Magazine, to
ask about
> the possibility of a group coupon code for code4lib. Apparently
we qualify.
> :)
>
> Here's the deal:
>
> 1) anyone who would like 3 free issues of either PyMag [1] or
php|architect
> [2] should first create an account on the respective site. For
example, [3].

> 2) Next we need a way to collect the e-mail addresses of those
account
> holders. I first thought, "wiki page", but some folks might balk
at that.
> Unless anyone has a better suggestion, you can just e-mail me at
> [log in to unmask] and put the string "[zine]" in the subject
somewhere
> so I can filter it.
>
> 3) After two weeks I'll send the addresses to Doug at PyMag and
he'll
> trigger the promo on those accounts.
>
> I also suggested to Doug the idea of some free subscriptions to
give away
> at the conference along with the usual slew of O'Reilly books.
He's checking