On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 21:43, Rebecca S Guenther <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Patrick is right that an XML schema such as MODS or MARCXML would be text/xml.

I would strongly advise against text/xml, as it is an oxymoron (text
is not XML XML is not text even if it is delivered through a text
protocol), and more and more are switching away from the generic text
protocol (which makes little sense in structured data).

Hence, a more correct MIME type for XMLMARC would be
application/marc+xml, although until registered should be
application/x-marc+xml.

Alex
 Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps