Thanks Ray. marcxml+xml makes sense to me, the name is really arbitrary,
so long as we have _something_ that represents MARC-XML.  Glad you are
working on this.

I'm confused about your suggestion of registering a content type for
SRU.  My understanding is that SRU is a _protocol_, not a media type?
Unless you mean registering a type for the SRU explain document?  In
general, with my understanding of SRU and of the purpose of internet
content types, it doesn't seem to make sense to me to register a content
type for SRU the protocol.

"Media types must function as an actual media format: Registration of
things that are better thought of as a transfer encoding, as a character
set, or as a collection of separate entities of another type, is not
allowed."

Is SRU a media/document type, or is it a communications protocol using a
collection of separate document types?

Jonathan