I posted here early in the winter on Duke's plans to develop a software
tool to support metadata creation.  Our project has moved forward with
the hiring of two programmers and an intensive phase of analysis and
design.  We want to share our progress as we go, so I've composed a post
with some of our design documents at

http://library.duke.edu/blogs/digital-collections/2009/02/13/on-the-trident-project-part-1-architecture/

As always we welcome feedback from the code4lib community.  Regrettably,
we'll not send anyone to the conference next week, but I thought I would
use this very nearly calm moment  to report on our progress and invite
discussion.

Best,

Will
--