On 2/19/09 4:08 PM, "Matthias Einbrodt" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I'm interested in your opinion regarding the question which (kind of)
> APIs an OPAC should provide nowadays and in the near or maybe not so
> near future!

"Should" is a strong word, but be that as it may, you might take a gander at
the things a DLF task force (ILS-DI Task Group) has been putting together in
this regard. [1] There are a number of suggestions there such as API's for:
search, scan, dissemination, get authority records, item look-up, etc. In
most cases the APIs are RESTful in nature and advocate existing protocols.

[1] http://www.diglib.org/architectures/ilsdi/

--
Eric Lease Morgan
Head, Digital Access and Information Architecture Department

(574) 631-8604