Jason (and anyone else interested),
Here's a more detailed run down of our current projects:

The first app we released was a very simple 'comment box' application.
Which has been very insightful ;)

We also quickly customized the 'concierge' app to display info about the
campus (it's actually used rather frequently now).

This week we released a version of Conway's Game of Life on the public
machine. This actually works really well on the surface, and allows for
some things that can't be easily done in online versions.

We're currently working with Anatomy & Physiology faculty to develop an
application which allows you to place anatomical models on the surface
and then brings up context sensitive images and information (lab notes
etc.) for the corresponding model. We have  a working prototype right
now, and hope to have this useable in classes by summer session.

We also have a group of 6 CS students developing games and other
applications for the surface, so far the stuff I've seen has been really
great.

Sometime in the relatively near future we also hope to build something
to make it easier to browse our media collection.

And of course we have a pretty much constant stream of ideas from
faculty and students, which has been great for building relationships
with other departments.

If anyone has any questions you always  can feel free to send me a
message!
--Will