I definitely see your point.

But I can't count on my _organization_ to maintain any of this stuff _at
all_ after I leave.  My organization is not in that business.

I suppose I could lay down the money for 100 years of a hostname
registration myself right now, as a donation to the community, and call
it a day, and leave it to someone else to figure out in 100 years.  :)

Jonathan