I agree with this as well.  I guess it just depends on whether you
think this needs to be done prior to facitating the process to mint
URIs or after.

The advantage to the former is that it will actually get documented.

Speaking of, if anybody wants to help formalize this for the purl
method, I'll be happy to work on it with somebody.

-Ross.