I count 75 messages on this topic. Perhaps it is time to take this off
list? Someone give us a summary when/if this is resolved? Or start a
new list for this issue and tell us where it is?

thanks,

Glen

Again we have moved the discussion to a specific resolution mechanism,
e.g., OpenURL.  OpenURL could have been defined differently, such
that rft_id and rft_idScheme were available and you used the actual
DOI value and specified the scheme of the identifier.  Then the issue
of extraction of the identifier value from the URI goes away, because
there is no URI needed.

Andy.