Karen Coyle wrote:
> Sorry, spoke/wrote too soon. FRBR at vocab.org isn't using the FRBR
> attributes either. And it does have the entities as classes. I'm still
> not sure how one can model a relationship between RDA or bibo properties
> and FRBR Group 1 entities and their properties. RDA tries to assign
> descriptive properties (like 'title' and 'place of publication') to
> particular FRBR Group 1 entities, which I think doesn't work.

I'm curious why you think that doesn't work?  Isn't "place of
publication" a characteristic of a particular manifestation? While,
"title", according to traditional library practices where you take it
from the title page, is also a characteristic of a particular
manifestation, is it not? ("uniform title" is _usually_ a characteristic
of a work, unless we get into music cataloging and some other 'edge'
cases. Our traditional practices -- which aren't actually changed that
much by RDA, are rather confusing.)

I am confused about what one would do about the fact that RDA defines
attributes a bit different than FRBR itself does. It's not too
surprising -- FRBR is really just a draft, hardly tested in the world.
When RDA tried to make it a bit more concrete, it's not surprising that
they found they had to make changes to make it workable. Not sure what
to do about that in the grand scheme of things, if RDA and FRBR both end
up registering different vocabularies. I guess we'll just have two
different vocabularies though, which isn't too shocking I guess.

Jonathan