Alexander Johannesen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 07:10, stuart yeates <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> For example the people at http://lcsubjects.org have never heard of us (that
>> I know of), but we can use their URLs like
>> http://lcsubjects.org/subjects/sh90005545#concept to represent our roles.
>
> Not sure I understand your example. Here's my Topic Map identifier in
> a Topic Map ;
>
>    http://psi.ontopedia.net/Alexander_Johannesen
>
> Identifier and locator, and resolvable, and can be used by anyone.

Yes, we mint something very similar (see
http://authority.nzetc.org/52969/ for mine), but none of our
interoperability partners do. None of our local libraries, none of our
local archives and only one of our local museums (by virtue of some work
we did with them).

All of them publish and most consume some form RDF.

Additionally many of the taxonomies we're interested in are available in
RDF but not topic maps.

cheers
stuart
--