The user community for these products is WAY bigger than code4lib,
naturally.  If Oracle manages to mess them up, then the user community
will fork, or migrate to different products, and we will follow.
Fortunately we are not alone here, there are giant communities formed
around these open source products, which will keep using open source
products to fill those functions one way or another, and we'll go with
them.

Not to imply that a custodial company who wanted to couldn't make things
very inconvenient in the short to medium term, sure. But it's just
speculation at this point, I don't see any reason to get alarmed.  And
one way or another, it'll work out in the end.

Jonathan