Wait, is this the same or different than <link rel="canonical">, as in:

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/02/specify-your-canonical.html

<link rel="canonical"> seemed like a good idea to me.  But when I start
reading some of those URLs, it's not clear to me if they're talking
about the same thing or not.

Jonathan