From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Barnett, Jeffrey
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 7:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] can code4lib survive Oracle's takeover of Sun?

I know the answer is yes, but does anyone care to speculate on the
impact of Oracle's takeover of Sun, which controls in addition to open
source workhorse JAVA, MySQL, OpenOffice, and Netbeans (all of which
complete with proprietary products from Oracle).  I haven't heard
anything quotable recently from Larry Ellison, but he has in the pass
been an ardent opponent of OSS and I find it hard to imagine him not
taking advantage of this opportunity to place roadblocks and/or booby
traps in the way of the OSS community.

Email Disclaimer: http://www.co.marin.ca.us/nav/misc/EmailDisclaimer.cfm