From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Yitzchak Schaffer [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 10:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Serials Solutions Summon

Jonathan Rochkind wrote:
> It _would_ be great if SerSol would actually give you (if you were
> subscribed) a feed of their harvested and normalized metadata, so you
> could still pay them to collect and normalize it, but then use it for
> your own purposes outside of Summon. I hope SerSol will consider this
> down the line, if Summon is succesful.

This is available as a dump for their traditional holdings product,
which makes it possible to do just this (i.e. use SerSol cleaned
holdings/access info in a local system).  My working with SerSol has
brought me to see them as essentially a great data aggregation service
with some OK software bundled in.  We are looking ahead to possibly
using this technique by loading their data into a local ERMS.

Agreed that such an availability of data would be a great service with
the Summon metadata as well.

--
Yitzchak Schaffer
Systems Manager