To sidestep the issue of strict/relaxed and face the real world of spotty implementation of standards (and it seems to apply however non/arcane they are) we provide a configurable "strictness" flag and the ability to have non-supported indexes and some functions mapped to supported ones on a Source by Source basis. Admins can allow users to have this strict/relaxed switch or not. And users can apply it or not. For both the majority case is "not" (i.e. relaxed is used).

Peter

Dr Peter Noerr
CTO, MuseGlobal, Inc.

+1 415 896 6873 (office)