Benjamin O'Steen wrote:

> The easiest way to create these at the moment, is to use OpenOffice 3
> and choose the "Save As PDF" and tick the PDF/A option.

Is there some free software that can verify if a given PDF file
really is a valid PDF/A file?  If I want users to upload their
documents to an archival webserver, I don't want them to upload
bad files that aren't standards compliant and safe for the future.

The web server needs to run a check, hopefully in less than a
second and using predictable amounts of RAM.

Or how do you typically solve that problem?

Can PDF/A documents contain scanned images with OCR text?

--
  Lars Aronsson ([log in to unmask])