How many people here work in a library where medicine is a topic of
interest, and how many of those are familiar with OpenPHI [1] and/or
HealthLibrarian [2] ?

OpenPHI is a start-up company who is using open source software to
harvest and index open access content for the purposes of creating
useful indexes to medical information. For example, they have
collected content from MEDLINE, Biomed, and other peer-reviewed sites
to create a pretty comprehensive and competitive index called
HealthLibrarian. Lots o' content!

I'm not sure of all the details, but the folks at OpenPHI are looking
for librarians like ourselves (hackers) to integrate HealthLibrarian
into their library offerings -- a possible alternative or supplement
to the indexes we are already providing. I think they are offering
free trials to their index through Web Services interfaces sans the
advertising, etc.

Being a new company and very open to all things... open, I believe the
folks at OpenPHI are open to constructive criticism on how to provide
viable library services to... libraries.

[1] http://www.openphi.com/
[2] http://www.healthlibrarian.net/

--
Eric Lease Morgan