Well, it's not a great example, because I don't have a
'counter-example', but I think it will remain to be seen if ISO 20775
goes anywhere if it, too, remains behind a pay wall.  If an open spec
were to come along that allowed the transfer of holdings and
availability information that was decent and simple it would basically
render ISO 20775 irrelevant (if the pay wall doesn't already).

RDA, I think, might also suffer from this problem.

-Ross.