I nominate Jonathan Zittrain [1], co-founder of Harvard's Berkman Center for Internet and Society [2] (where David Weinberger is a fellow [3]) and author of "The Future of the Internet and How to Stop It" [4].

I heard him speak at a conference last year, largely on the implications of the Google Book deal. He was speaking without notes, very entertaining and knowledgeable both on technical and legal details. Also, according to his bio [1]," He was co-counsel with Lawrence Lessig in Eldred v. Ashcroft, challenging the Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998." And "performed the first large-scale tests of Internet filtering in China and Saudi Arabia in 2002"

[1] http://futureoftheinternet.org/about
[2] http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/
[3] http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/people/dweinberger
[4] http://futureoftheinternet.org/