On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Karen Coyle<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What I WOULD like to see is a good vocabulary of basics -- date, time,
> place, currency, etc etc etc. One place where you know you can go and find
> all of those key building blocks, so you don't have to hunt all over god's
> little acre for something as simple as "price". That would be really useful.

maybe currency is a good example in this regard. consider how long it
takes for units of measurement (or currencies - or languages) to
become universally accepted. i think that's what we're seeing with
linkeddata vocabularies right now. we'll have to live with the tension
of wanting to create an esperanto for everyone to use and settling for
minimal standards.
regards,
robert