I doubt that very much. It's very common for corporate sites to
channel all their traffic through gateways. I would assume that google
was smart enough to recognize that your usage pattern was not that of
many users coming from a single IP address, but rather that of a
harvesting robot. The two activities have very different log signatures.

On Aug 5, 2009, at 12:13 PM, Tim Spalding wrote:

> I suspect that proxying Google will trigger an automatic throttle.
> Early on, a number of us hit GB hard, trying to figure out what they
> had, and got stopped.
>
> Tim
>
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Eric Hellman<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Recent attention to privacy concerns about Google Book Search have
>> led me to
>> investigate whether any libraries are using tools such as proxy
>> servers to
>> enhance patron privacy when using Google Book Search. Similarly,
>> advertising
>> networks (web bugs, for example) could be proxied for the same
>> reason. I
>> would be very interested to hear from any libraries that have done
>> either of
>> these things and of their experiences doing so.

Eric Hellman
President, Gluejar, Inc.
41 Watchung Plaza, #132
Montclair, NJ 07042