"The best way to learn good code design and architecture is to work
with code someone already wrote (open source, libraries, frameworks,
etc) that uses good design and architecture."

Or having to debug code that someone else wrote that *wasn't* written
well. It's one thing to learn the good practices, but it's quite
another to understand WHY good code is good and bad code is bad.

Sharon M. Foster, JD, MLS
Technology Librarian
http://firstgentrekkie.blogspot.com/