ok no one shoot me for doing this:

in section 9.1 Namespaces [Registry] of the OpenURL standard (z39.88) it
actually provides an example of using a URL in the rfr_id field, and i
wonder why you couldn't just do the same thing for the rft_id

also there is a field called rft_val which currently has no use.  this might
be a good one for it.

just my 2 cents.