On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Jonathan Rochkind<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Of course, one failure in X (10?) years is fairly good reliability...
> depending on how long it takes them to get everything back working 100%. If
> it's back by tomorrow, one outage in 10 years pretty good. If it takes a
> week to get back, not so good.

It's been 8 days so far... hopefully it will we back to normal soon.
I'm not sure how long GPO has been serving PURLs, but if we assume
this is the first failure in 10 years, then that's still 99.8% uptime,
which isn't bad.  If the 0.2% were spread evenly across ten years, it
would hardly be noticable, but when it happens all at once, it
certainly does seem worse.

Keith