Hello!

I agree with others who have recommended Jesse James Garrett's work. We are
in the roll-out phase of our CMS implementation/redesign and I relied
heavily on Garrett's book in the early phases.  We took an iterative
user-focused approach within a broad phased project plan, making sure we had
user voices in each step in some form. (We relied on work by Jakob Nielsen,
Steve Krug, usability.gov, and others.) Our public face for communicating
progress was a blog: http://library.osu.edu/blogs/lipp. Internally, we kept
our project plans in dotProject, which doesn't have the best method for
outputting the whole plan to share. I plan to write it all up at some point
and will be happy to share with you and the list if there is interest.

I'll be presenting about the CMS Selection and Implementation part of this
project at the LITA National Forum in a few weeks, so that's where I'm
starting on the writing up part. Once the presentation is finished I'll be
able to share that if you are interested.

I hope this helps!
Beth

Beth Black
Systems Librarian and Assistant Professor
Head, Web Implementation Team
Ohio State University Libraries
610 Ackerman Rd, Room 5855
Columbus, Ohio 43202-4500