Hi all, I'm writing some marc record display code, and I have a question
about the 'right' way to display LCSH headings.

LCSH headings are typically displayed with "--" between components. But
looking at the MARC, it looks like the "--" punctuation isn't actually
in the MARC field. (A rare instance where display punctuation isn't in
the marc!).

Is it correct for any LCSH 6xx field (which you know because the 2nd
indicator is 0, right?), to add "--" between ALL present subfields on
display?   Do I have the right logic there?

Thanks for any advice!

Jonathan