Erik Hatcher wrote:
> The Lucene Highlighter doesn't require that the text you want
> highlighted be stored.  In fact, you can pass in any arbitrary text to
> the Highlighter.

Thanks Erik,

What I'm looking for is to return the context of the search result, not
just the ID of the containing document - e.g. when all I input is "yak
culture," I get back the context from the document as a search result,
without having to retrieve the doc itself:

... addressing the fine points of <strong>yak culture</strong>, the
zoosociologists took into account ...

GS out of the box does not appear to support this, as it does not store
the fulltext in the index.  So yes, I can highlight stuff, but as it
stands, I don't have the text to work with.  IANA Lucene guru, so
correct me if I misunderstand.

--
Yitzchak Schaffer
Systems Manager