Most link resolvers aren't going to know what to do with that -- they
aren't going to know that that OpenURL is meant to represent a web page,
and that the URL in rft_id should be provided to the user.

In general, identifiers in URI form are put in rft_id that are NOT meant
for providing to the user as a navigable URL.  So the receiving software
can't assume that whatever url is in rft_is represents an actual access
point (available to the user) for the document.

Sadly, I'm not sure what a better solution is though.  OpenURL is very
frustrating.

Jonathan