I'm thinking about it :)

Logically I think we can avoid this as we have the context based on the rfr_id (for which we are proposing)

rfr_id=info:sid/learn.open.ac.uk:[course code] (at the risk of more comment!)

Which seems to me equivalent. I guess it is just a matter of where you do the work, since in SFX we'll end up constructing a 'fetch' to the same location anyway. The amount of work involved to change it one way or the other is probably trivial though.

I'm not sure I agree that what I'm proposing puts 'random' URLs in the rft_id, although I do accept that this is a moot point if other resolvers don't do something useful with them (or worse, make incorrect assumptions about them) - perhaps this is something I could survey as part of the project... (although its all moot if we are only doing this within an internal environment and no-one else ever does it!)

Owen

Owen Stephens
TELSTAR Project Manager
Library and Learning Resources Centre