Dear Repke and all,

Several years ago Indiana University released a METS Viewer called METS Navigator: <http://metsnavigator.sourceforge.net/>. We've since done a *ton* of work on it but haven't gotten around to doing another release. Here's something like version 1.1 in action: <http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/metsnav2/imh/navigate.do?oid=VAA4025-097-1&cid=VAA4025-097-1-a01>. We're wrapping up what we're calling version 2.0 in the next few weeks. That version is really a complete overhaul. The two biggest new bits of functionality are a whole/part capability (think journal with issues all displayed together in one tree) and a "pluggable" design where you can stick parts of the display (like just the tree view, or the tree view plus the page images and navigation) into other systems. At the moment we don't have anything stable to point to you that shows this off, but ask again in a week or two and we should!

I'm sorry we don't have a schedule yet for a new os release of the METS Navigator package - as you all know the extra time to do this is significant, and we're pretty buried in too many other competing priorities right now. :-(

Jenn