    William> Are any of you using R?  http://www.r-project.org/

I use R for a number of things, including the multidimensional
scaling (512-->2) I do here:
 http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/2009/07/project-torngat-building-large-scale.html

It is fast, backed by the stats braniacs, has a huge number of
domain-specific modules (biology, genomics, geology, engineering,
....).

It is great. Slices bread, juliennes fries, casts my votes, does my
taxes, feeds my dogs and submits my postings to code4lib.  ;-)

-glen

--

Glen Newton | [log in to unmask]
Researcher, Information Science, CISTI Research