At Rutgers, we use R for computing basic statistics (frequencies and
cross-tabs) on our Eagleton Poll website:
http://www.scc.rutgers.edu/eagleton/.  Eagleton Polls have been
conducted for many years in New Jersey and solicit opinions on
sociopolitical issues with a heavy New Jersey focus. .  So, for example,
someone can see how a governor's popularity breaks down by gender or
geography or how attitudes about illegal immigration vary by county.  We
used to use SPSS server which was fairly expensive so the switch to R
has worked well and saved money also.   If anyone would like more
information, you can contact the Rutgers Digital Library Archtiect, Ron
Jantz ([log in to unmask]) or the programmer who implemented R
statistics, Jie Geng ([log in to unmask])

Grace Agnew

--

Grace Agnew

Associate University Librarian for Digital Library Systems

Rutgers University Libraries

47 Davidson Road

Piscataway, NJ 08854

Phone: 732-445-5908