Keith,

41,000 sites and 21 million pages (http://www.ablegrape.com/en/about.html) is a lot of
vetting.

An admittedly quick check of the site didn't explain the vetting process to me, but did
profess a "...background in search technology..."

Authoratative vetting of a large volume of resources is a hard problem.  I haven't seen
any good solutions, but am leaning toward crowd-sourcing with an authoratative crowd. :-)

Do you have any additional information on how AbleGrape vets these?

Tim Cornwell
National Science Digital Library (http://nsdl.org)