I think this episode also illustrates, once again, that preservation is not
about technology at all, it's about *institutional commitment*. The kind of
institutional commitment that would have implemented and maintained the
kinds of procedures that Jonathan described. Without institutional
commitment, no technology on earth can save you.
Roy