On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 3:23 PM, William Denton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Are any of you using R?
>
>        http://www.r-project.org/
>
>        Blog about R, info viz, etc.:
>        http://blog.revolution-computing.com/
>
> I have something in mind I'm going to try fooling around with in R, but I
> wondered if anyone was using it for visualizing searches, usage, networks of
> information, that kind of thing.

Check out the NSF funded Bibliographic Knowledge Network project (
http://www.bibkn.org). Details are sparse now, but I suspect we'll be
hearing a lot more about this in the near future. I expect R will be put to
good use given what I know about the PI's and their other
projects/interests.

Harrison

--
Harrison Dekker -- Head of Library Data Lab -- UC Berkeley Libraries
Phone: 510-250-7901 :: Skype: ucbdekker :: Google Voice: 510-621-3282