Alexander Johannesen wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 15:16, Roy Tennant <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Could you elaborate a bit? In my mind, the only "semantic web technology" of
>> any note is "linked data".
>
> What do you mean by linked data? I work in fields of semantic web
> technology where there's very little linked data (ie. data on the web
> you can link to and use), yet I feel all our work is very valuable and
> certainly worthy of note ...

I'm guessing that Roy meant linked data in the sense of
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html and http://linkeddata.org/

The classic linkeddata.org diagram includes PubMed, Project Gutenberg,
PubChem, several forks(?) of DBLP and eprints, all of which I recognise
as library-related (or at least collections-of-bibliographic-content
related, depending on where one draws lines).

cheers
stuart
--
Stuart Yeates