From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Michael Beccaria
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] SerialsSolutions Javascript Question

I was intrigued by someone who posted to the Worldcat Developers Network
forum. They were asking about the xISSN service and having it return
whether an ISSN is peer reviewed or not. Which got me thinking...Has
anyone been able to finagle a feature into their SerialsSolutions A-Z
list where it shows peer reviewed status for the titles that are
returned using a WC service? SS has limited editing capabilities on
their page so the javascript question is this:

Is it possible when being able to edit ONLY the header to alter span
tags of a loaded web page using javascript? Can I insert some javascript
in those sections that will scrape the ISSN number from these span tags
and add some dynamic content from a web service using javascript alone?

I'm not very proficient at javascript so be gentle.

Mike Beccaria
Systems Librarian
Head of Digital Initiatives
Paul Smith's College