David,
Could you elaborate a bit? In my mind, the only "semantic web technology" of
any note is "linked data". How that fits into "library search" is anyone's
guess, and I'm wondering what, specifically, you're referring to when you
say that Talis is active in this area.

If you are asking about library linked data, then there are several
examples, most notably the Library of Congress[1], the Swedish Union
Catalogue [2], and OCLC[3][4]. I believe that a minimum both the Library of
Congress and OCLC plan on releasing more linked data sets.

So can you elaborate a bit more on what, exactly, you're seeking? Thanks,
Roy

[1] http://id.loc.gov/authorities/
[2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.culture.libraries.ngc4lib/4617
[3] http://dewey.info/