I haven't seen a friendly use of SPARQL (or search in general), and
would love to see one -- especially one that combined library data and
any other data set (geographic, whatever). It does seem to me that the
search aspect of SemWeb is still a bit weak. In my imagination, it
allows me to do the kinds of things I can do with Yahoo Pipes, which
is to mash-up data from various sources and then do something
interesting with it. My usual example (heck, my only example) is to
answer the question: What's the earliest edition of [book title]? A
simpler one would be: Who wrote [book title]? What I want is to get an
answer, not a gazillion bibliographic records.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net