Cloutman, David schrieb:

> (I'm sure there are some adamant
> CVS or Git users out there who will have strong opinions about my choice
> of software.)

I throw in bazaar... :-)

> However, because of the way the application is
> architected, there are some key parts of the application that I do not
> want loaded into the repository, such as temporary files that store a
> PID.

Have you looked at the ignore property of SVN (of course bzr has
something similar :-)? You may use that to exclude complete directories
or single files or file patterns from version control. See
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s02.html (somewhere down that
page is the ignore property).

Till

--
Till Kinstler
Verbundzentrale des Gemeinsamen Bibliotheksverbundes (VZG)