A couple people have suggested that I try posting this here. I have put my original request for help below, but just to elaborate a bit, at this point what I am primarily looking for are people who are interested in participating in a discussion to help flesh out a grant proposal even if they're not actually interested in working on the grant project.

I'm particularly interested in finding people with a technology background to help me break down the broad steps I've outlined into smaller steps, estimate the amount of time each will take, identify the skills necessary for each of the tasks, and ideally have some idea or know where to find out how much it would cost to pay someone to perform these tasks. It would also be helpful to have at least some preliminary recommendations on tools.

The topics for discussion include the processes of extracting info from MARC bibs and converting it into some new format for work and limiter records, setting up the new format and database structure, creating an end-user, facet-based search interface, setting up interfaces for internal data maintenance, and doing usability work on the both the end-user and internal interfaces.

The overview is also available in HTML at http://kmcgrath.iweb.bsu.edu/MIWgrant.htm.

Since this announcement is a bit delayed if you could let me know by Friday, October 16 if you're interested, that would be great.

Kelley