On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Christine Schwartz
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> We've been using METS/DC/MIX for awhile, but now were are going to integrate
> full-text searching with texts marked up in TEI (our platform is the
> MarkLogic Server).
>
> Should we consider embedding the TEI in the METS documents, or just link out
> to them?

Will users need to search for items in both schemas at once?  (e.g.
metadata from METS and full-text in TEI in the same query).  In that
case you should absolutely embed the TEI content; MarkLogic exhibits
extremely poor performance in executing SQL-style "joins" across
multiple documents.

Liza

--
http://threepress.org